Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

June 15, 2014

Sharing Memories Week 24: Some of My Favourite Books

Sharing Memories Week 24: Some of My Favourite Books
Join us for Sharing Memories - A Genealogy Journey We focus on memories of our parents, grandparents and others. We write for our children and grandchildren, that the memories are not lost over time. I hope you are keeping a journal, whether it is private or public, and joining us as we write our memoirs.

The prompt for this week is Some of My Favourite Books. What books did you read as a child or a teenager? Did you go to your local Library or did you read your parents' books? Maybe you bought books to savour and enjoy over and over?

I loved reading and could read before I went to Kindergarten. My mother was an avid reader and used to read while knitting in the evenings. We started going to the local Library at an early age and I was allowed to read any of the books my mom had on the bookcase at home. At a young age I was reading Frank Yerby's books which were adult romantic history novels. 

As a teen my favourite books were Little Women by Louisa May Alcott and Farley Mowat's The Dog Who Wouldn't Be. But I also devoured every Hardy Boys adventures I could get! I didn't like Nancy Drew as I found her adventures too tame and her character too weak. But I couldn't get enough of Joe and Frank. I guess I always was a bit more of a tomboy and I did love a good mystery to puzzle over.


No comments: